Monday, June 17, 2013

On My Heart

me

Today my heart is heavy. I found out yesterday that a friend/co-worker passed way from a terrible accident. Her death was so sudden and out of the blue that it has left me shocked and wondering why it happened. My heart hurts because I lost someone that is special to me and someone that was a true friend. My heart also hurts because a family lost a dear loved one in a sudden and tragic way.

This horrible incident reminded me of how precious life is. It reminded me to not take life for granted. We have no idea how much time we have on this earth. We never know when it will be “our time”. Therefore, we need to live each day to the fullest and to be thankful that God blessed us with another day on this earth.

It also got me to thinking are am I truly being a witness to those around me. Am I being an example of who Christ is? Are lives being impacted because of my witness? One of my favorite quotes is by St. Francis of Assisi. He stated, “Preach the Gospel at all time and when necessary use words.” These are powerful words to live by and want this to be true in my life.

Today I am reminded of all the blessings I have in my life. I am reminded of the precious time that we have been given to live on this earth. I am reminded to not take this life for granted, but to be grateful and to live each day with purpose and with meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment