Thursday, August 15, 2013

The World Is Conspiring Against Me

 

meincar

Just recently I made a decision that to help my thyroid work more effectively and for my overall health I would cut out sweets and soft drinks. I decided that I would make a conscious effort to eat more fruits and vegetables. And I decided that I am going to drink more water and less drinks that are bad for me.

So my plan was going so well until today. At work today they were having a going away party for a couple of the student workers who are going off to another college. So everyone brought in stuff for lunch and none of it was healthy stuff. It was basically your normal pot luck food. In addition they had so many delicious sounding deserts. I so badly wanted to try some of the desert. But I held my ground and did not even go in the break room to take a look at the food. The worst part about the whole thing is that the break room is close to my office so while I was eating my measly boring salad, I sat in my office smelling the yummy food.

But I am very proud of myself. I stuck to my promise I made to myself and I did not cave under pressure. I did not give in and try the yummy good that smelled so much better than my salad. I know that while I do not feel like it now, my body will thank me later for not indulging and eating the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment