Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Thursday, May 9, 2013
For many years I wondered how I would know when I had found the right man for me. I do believe there is a moment when you know that this is the right person for you. I am sure that moment or feeling that you get is different for each person.
I remember more than once asking my mom how I would know. And her response was always “you will just know.” Me being the analytical thinker that I am I wanted a more concrete answer. I wanted to know how I would know.
So I waited and waited and waited for that moment that I would just know that I had met the right person for me. As time went on I was for sure that I had missed it or that God had somehow forgotten about me. But then one day it happened. And it happened in a way that caught me off guard and in a way I did not expect it.
Two of my friends that I work with set me up with my husband. They had been trying for weeks for me to meet this guy that they thought was perfect for me. So I finally gave in and agreed to meet this man (and I am so glad that I did). When we met for the first time we agreed to meet at a walking track near my home. We thought this would be a good way to talk and get to know each other.
It was on this day that I finally realized what my mom had been talking about for so long. After our walk I had this overwhelming feeling that this was the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. That day began the first day of our journey together.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Thursday, May 2, 2013
I do not admit it often……
But I do really love where I work. It is rewarding being a part of helping someone to reach their educational and career goals.
I do not admit it often…..
But I really do enjoy mowing the yard. There is just something about the instant gratification that you get after mowing the grass.
I do not admit it often…..
But I love drinking water. It is very satisfying and I actually like the way it tastes.
I do not admit it often….
But salt and vinegar chips are one of my weaknesses. I am very addicted.
I do not admit it often….
But there are days when I just wish I could quit working and stay home and enjoy the things I love most. Maybe one day!
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
I am often amused by some of the things that I see on my drive to work. Every now and then I see something that gives me a much needed laugh. This morning my much needed laugh came in the way of a turkey. As I was driving a turkey crossed the road in front of me. While to some this might not be strange seeing a turkey, this is not the norm for me. In fact this was the first time I had ever seen a turkey near my house. Perhaps he knew he was going to be Thanksgiving dinner and was on the run? Who knows…..it made my morning though.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
I was reading one of my favorite blogs today, Living in Yellow, and Erin was taking a moment to interview herself and ask her self some tough questions. After reading her questions and responses I thought it would be fun to do the same thing. So the time to sit down and ask myself the same questions. I thought this would be a great way to reflect on life and ask myself those though questions.
1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be? When thinking about how to answer this question I do not like to think of it in terms of what regrets do I have, because I do not want to regret any decisions or choices that I made. Yes, there are decisions that I made that I wish I would have made differently, but I think those decisions eventually got me to where I was supposed to be. It just might have taken longer to get there. One thing I wish I would have done differently is that when I went to college I chose to go to a Bible College that was affiliated with the church I went to at the time. Part of me went because it is what I thought is what I was supposed to do, and it seemed logical. While I am grateful for the time I spent there, I quickly realized that was not the path I was to follow. I do not regret going, but I do wish I would have chosen differently.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This is a great question. I honestly do not know. I am not sure where I will be living (I do not even know where we will be living in 6 months seeing as how our house is on the market), I do not know if I will be at the same job, I would like to hope and believe that we will have a kid or two, but there is one thing that I know I do want to be content and satisfied with where my life is. I want to think that I will be happy.
3. Do you honestly want kids? If you would have asked me this question last year I would have said sometimes yes, sometimes no. But over time I have had more and more of a desire to have children. I feel deep within that I am meant to be a mother and that God will bless me with my own child/children. So, yes there is nothing I want more right now than to have a kid or two.
4. What has been the best moment of your life so far? Hands down the best moment in my life to this point would have to be my wedding day. That is day I will never ever forget. It was a day filled with so much joy, promise, and hope. There have been other amazing, wonderful moments, but I think this one is my favorite.
5. What is your life theme song? Good question. I will have to get back with you on that one.
6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die? I have always had a dream of visiting Victoria Falls in Zambia. I have always had an obsession with Africa. And while I was able to accomplish my dream of going to Africa, I still long to see Victoria Falls. To me it is pure beauty.
7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be? My integrity. I want people to think of me as an honest person.
8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be? I would grab my husband and head off to one of our favorite vacation spots and just enjoy the peace and relaxation from being away from the cares of the world.
9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life? Probably going to school and working full time. While I know I will appreciate my education more, it has been challenging going to school and working full time at the same time. I have had to make a lot of sacrifices along the way. But in the end I know it will be worth it.
10. Summarize yourself in one word. Mysterious
That’s it folks.