Monday, May 4, 2015

My Pregnancy Journey- Part 1


To this day I still vividly remember the day I first found out I was pregnant. We had been trying for over a year, and when it finally happened I was so shocked that I did not believe it when I saw two lines on the pregnancy test. I could not believe this was really happening to us. Little did I know that in that moment began a journey that would be joyful, yet stressful all at the same time.

For me pregnancy was physcically very easy. I was lucky in the fact that I experienced very little morning sickness. The only thing I really struggled with physically was being tired. I am still counting my blessings that this is the only thing I struggled with physcially. I know that there are many women that have it much harder, so I am grateful I had an easy pregnancy. Apart from feeling exhausted I felt great.

What I was not prepared for was the emotional rollar coaster that unfolded over the nine months of my pregnancy. I had some really high highs and some really low lows. Over the course of my pregnancy there were concerns over my health and the health of my baby. From the start of my pregnancy until the day I went to deliver our baby girl it seemed like at every doctors appointment there was some cause of concern. Because of this my pregnancy was very difficult emotionally.

For the first time I am opening up and sharing what I went through over the course of nine months. I will share the emotional journey that led to the birth of our baby and share how God's faithfulness and mercy carried me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment