Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness.....Day 29


During this past month I have tried to focus on something that I was thankful for each day. I have found it rewarding to sit and reflect on those things that I am grateful for. It reminded me of how truly blessed I am and how often I take many things for granted in my life.

One of the hardest lessons I have had to learn over the past couple of weeks is being thankful in the midst of disappointment. I have found that it is hard to focus on the positive when what you are going through something that is not easy. This whole 30 day journey of thankfulness has helped me to focus on the blessings in my life and has made my situation easier to deal with. During my journey this month I have been reminded of how thankful I am for my relationship with Jesus. He is the one thing that never changes. His love for me is always the same. Even when I am being ungrateful and having a pity party for myself God is still there right beside me. He is my rock and my salvation.

So I guess one of the most important lessons I have learned during my 30 days of thankfulness is to be thankful even when you don't feel thankful. There are so many things to be thankful for and to dwell on the negative is not worth it. God's plans are so much larger than what we could imagine. We just have to trust in Him and wait for his perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment