Thursday, December 8, 2011

Coffee: The nectar of the gods


When I was in the six grade my social studies teacher drank coffee every day during our class. And every day after taking a drink he would hold up his cup say "the nectar of the gods." I never had any clue what he was talking about, but assumed that he must really be loving his coffee. Just recently I decided to look up what "the nectar of the gods" meant. And according to the Urban Dictionary it means, "a name for the drink which has the sweetest taste of any drink." Now that I look back on it and think about my teacher saying this about his coffee and what it actually means cracks me up. But I have to admit, now that I drink coffee myself I do share his love for it. I always enjoy a good cup of coffee. My day is not complete without my coffee first thing in the morning after I wake up. I do believe that I am addicted to coffee. I am not sure what I would do I could not drink it anymore. So to me coffee is a drink which has the sweetest takes of any drink.

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Hot coffee is not my favorite but I LOVE it iced and I love coffee frapaccino's even more! Yum!

    ReplyDelete