Thursday, April 25, 2013

Getting Personal

meincar

I was reading one of my favorite blogs today, Living in Yellow, and Erin was taking a moment to interview herself and ask her self some tough questions. After reading her questions and responses I thought it would be fun to do the same thing. So the time to sit down and ask myself the same questions. I thought this would be a great way to reflect on life and ask myself those though questions.

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be? When thinking about how to answer this question I do not like to think of it in terms of what regrets do I have, because I do not want to regret any decisions or choices that I made. Yes, there are decisions that I made that I wish I would have made differently, but I think those decisions eventually got me to where I was supposed to be. It just might have taken longer to get there. One thing I wish I would have done differently is that when I went to college I chose to go to a Bible College that was affiliated with the church I went to at the time. Part of me went because it is what I thought is what I was supposed to do, and it seemed logical. While I am grateful for the time I spent there, I quickly realized that was not the path I was to follow. I do not regret going, but I do wish I would have chosen differently. 

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This is a great question. I honestly do not know. I am not sure where I will be living (I do not even know where we will be living in 6 months seeing as how our house is on the market), I do not know if I will be at the same job, I would like to hope and believe that we will have a kid or two, but there is one thing that I know I do want to be content and satisfied with where my life is. I want to think that I will be happy.

3. Do you honestly want kids? If you would have asked me this question last year I would have said sometimes yes, sometimes no. But over time I have had more and more of a desire to have children. I feel deep within that I am meant to be a mother and that God will bless me with my own child/children. So, yes there is nothing I want more right now than to have a kid or two.

4. What has been the best moment of your life so far? Hands down the best moment in my life to this point would have to be my wedding day. That is  day I will never ever forget. It was a day filled with so much joy, promise, and hope. There have been other amazing, wonderful moments, but I think this one is my favorite.

wedding 

5. What is your life theme song? Good question. I will have to get back with you on that one.

6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die? I have always had a dream of visiting Victoria Falls in Zambia. I have always had an obsession with Africa. And while I was able to accomplish my dream of going to Africa, I still long to see Victoria Falls. To me it is pure beauty.

Vic-Falls-Sunset

7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be? My integrity. I want people to think of me as an honest person.

8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be? I would grab my husband and head off to one of our favorite vacation spots and just enjoy the peace and relaxation from being away from the cares of the world.

9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life? Probably going to school and working full time. While I know I will appreciate my education more, it has been challenging going to school and working full time at the same time. I have had to make a lot of sacrifices along the way. But in the end I know it will be worth it.

10. Summarize yourself in one word. Mysterious

That’s it folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment