Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finding Mr. Right

us11

For many years I wondered how I would know when I had found the right man for me. I do believe there is a moment when you know that this is the right person for you. I am sure that moment or feeling that you get is different for each person.

I remember more than once asking my mom how I would know. And her response was always “you will just know.” Me being the analytical thinker that I am I wanted a more concrete answer. I wanted to know how I would know.

So I waited and waited and waited for that moment that I would just know that I had met the right person for me. As time went on I was for sure that I had missed it or that God had somehow forgotten about me. But then one day it happened. And it happened in a way that caught me off guard and in a way I did not expect it.

Two of my friends that I work with set me up with my husband. They had been trying for weeks for me to meet this guy that they thought was perfect for me. So I finally gave in and agreed to meet this man (and I am so glad that I did). When we met for the first time we agreed to meet at a walking track near my home. We thought this would be a good way to talk and get to know each other.

It was on this day that I finally realized what my mom had been talking about for so long. After our walk I had this overwhelming feeling that this was the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. That day began the first day of our journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment