Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pay It Forward

starbucksvia

So the coolest thing happened to me over the weekend. I went to my favorite coffee joint, Starbucks. The husband and I were out running errands and in an effort to save time we decided to go through the drive-thru. When I drove up to the window the Starbucks employee told me that the women in the car in front of me bought my coffee. I thought to myself “how nice.” That had never, ever happened to me before. You hear stories of people paying for total strangers orders but you never think that will happen to you. In that moment I had to make a decision……do I be thankful for a free cup of coffee and be on my way? Or do I pay it forward and pay for the person in line behind me. I thought, I was going to buy coffee anyway, so why not do something nice for someone else. So I paid it forward. I returned my gift of a cup of coffee, by giving it back to someone else.

When was the last time you paid it forward?

 

Payvia

No comments:

Post a Comment