Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July Recap (without pictures)



Our 4th was full of lots of excitement, good food, laughs, and great conversation. I am totally kicking myself though because I so meant to take pictures, however my camera never made it out of the bag. I guess that is what happens when you are the hostess. There were so many moments that I wish I could have caught, but I guess there is always next year. 

My dad's birthday is actually on the 4th, so our celebration was also a party for my dad. My husband was the one on grill duty and he did one heck of a job on the food. And my mom made some of the most delicious blackberry cobbler. 

The most excitement for the day was one of the houses in our neighborhood catching on fire. Apparently their grill exploded and caught the house on fire. It was crazy. 

Overall it was a great 4th. It was a blessing to be able to spend it with my family and to be able to enjoy each other's company. I just wish that I would have remembered to take photos. 

I hope everyone else had a great 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment