Sunday, July 28, 2013

One time at band camp


This past week I spent some time working at one of the local high schools. While I was there the marching band was having their band camp and it brought back many memories of my time in the marching band. Yes, I was a band geek. As much as I disliked band camp at times it was a great time to hang out with my friends and have fun. I never will forget those hot sunny summer days when we spent hours outside practicing our routine. I will never forget the guy who asked me just about every day if I would go get drunk with him (which I never did). But the thing that I will remember the most is the great time I had bonding and hanging out with my fellow band members. Good times.

One thing I know for sure after working at the local high school last week, I do not miss high school at all. I do not miss the halls lined with lockers.


I do not miss the classrooms.


And most of all I do not miss the textbooks.


High school is one chapter in my life that I am glad is done. As fun as it was at times, I would not want to go back and do it over.

I will leave you with this cool quote I found while I was working at the high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment