Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Job Hunting 101




 
 
 
 
I had forgotten how hard it was to search for a job. With this new move that my husband and I are making I am on the hunt for a new job. I have suddenly remember how stressful it can be to look for work especially when you are looking for work in a town that is 4 hours away. This is the first time I have had to look for a job in 9 years, and let me tell you folks....it is not easy.
 
Over the course of the past couple of weeks I have learned a thing or two about applying for jobs.
 
1) Don't take it personal if you get a "rejection email." If you take it personal it will only cause you to become depressed and doubt your self and your abilities.
 
2) Write down all the jobs you have applied for! When you are applying for multiple jobs it is easy to forgot or get confused the ones you have and have not applied for.
 
3) Don't get discouraged! You will find the right job and the right time.
 
4) When you are starting to get overwhelmed when the job search, step away and take a break.
 
5) Always believe in your self! Never doubt your abilities and skills. Stay positive and sell yourself.
 
 
It might take time, but I know the perfect job is out there for me. I just have to find it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment