Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Fun

Hello blog friends, today Kayla is filling in for me while I am on Vacation. I hope you enjoy her post as much as I did. 




Hi guys! My name is Kayla and I blog over at Close Encounters! Debbie asked me to do a guest post for her while she goes on vacation...and since it is that time of year, I thought I would share with you a couple of my favorite vacation memories!




First up is deep-sea fishing with my husband, Zach, while we were in Maui on our honeymoon. Now, technically, I did not fish, Zach did. I was just along for the ride...but, it was still one of my favorite things that we did on that trip. It was so crazy to be out on a boat in the middle of the ocean! Being from Kansas, I haven't had many opportunities to do something like that, and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. I mean, the biggest body of water that I have near me is...a lake. And, it isn't a very big lake. Now aside from getting a little sea-sick, Zach managed to catch a Mahi! And, we got to see dolphins and whales swim right by our boat...it was amazing!


My next favorite vacation memory, is going to California for the first time. This trip was full of "firsts." I went with my dad, two brothers, and Zach a couple years ago for my youngest brother's baseball tournament. It was the first time that I had flown on a plane, and also the first time that I had taken a big vacation with Zach before we were married! We stayed in Long Beach, but Zach and I drove to Manhattan Beach and hung out for a day, which was so much fun! 



Another vacation memory is my first Kansas City Royals game with Zach. Now, this might seem a little silly, because it wasn't really a vacation, but this was the first time Zach and I went out of town for the weekend after getting married (other than our honeymoon). So, it was a big deal to me. And, now it's one of my favorite things to do, just to get out of town for a weekend!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading a little bit about some of my favorite vacation memories!

---
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment