Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Things You Don't Expect To Hear From Your Doctor


So yesterday I took the day off to visit the doctor and get a physical. My husband and I would like to start trying to have kids toward the end of the year so I wanted to make sure that I am healthy and that I do not have any medical conditions I do not know about. During the exam the doctor said, do you know you have a heart murmur. No one had ever told me that before so immediately I started to panic. In my mind I am thinking what does that mean. Now the doctor told me that on a scale of 1-6 mine is a 2. So she said that there is nothing to worry about. But to be on the safe side I had to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray. Even though the doctor told me I was fine me being the hypochondriac that I am as soon as I got home I was googling what a heart murmur is. And while I feel a little bit better about things and know that my heart is probably just fine, it scares me to think that there could be a possible problem. I had pretty much worried myself to death all afternoon, until God reminded me that He is the one in control and that I need to let go and trust in Him. I was reminded that I need to trust in Him and not my own understanding. He is my Rock and in Him I will trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment